Division of Engineering Services – Program/Project Management and Office Engineer
Our Mission: Providing qualified contractors with a fair opportunity to bid on Department construction contracts that are:
- Uniform statewide and aid efficient construction administration
- Full, complete, and accurate
We develop, advertise, and award quality Minor A, Major Construction, and Maintenance contracts for the districts and deliver those contracts to Construction.
- In FY 18/19, Caltrans awarded 479 contracts worth $2.98B.
- In FY 19/20, Caltrans awarded 443 contracts worth $2.65B.
- In FY 20/21, Caltrans awarded 479 contracts worth $2.79B.
Office Engineer Highlights
- Contract Awards will no longer post the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) post bid
submittals in their entirety. Instead, Awards will only post the bidders DBE Commitments
and Written Confirmations. The Good Faith Effort documentation will be sent directly to
the Office of Civil Rights for evaluation.
Copies of the Good Faith Effort Documentation will be provided through the California Public Records Act request.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Construction Contract Awards at 916-227-6299.
- Bidders need the Project Bids (BIDS) software to view the bid books and amendments for
Bidders need the Project Bids (BIDS) software, Digital ID, and request to bid with Caltrans approved, before submitting bids.
Click here for Instructions
Note: This application is being updated for digital accessibility and will continue to function while updates are in progress