New Updates. June 25, 2021
Over the next year, Caltrans will be incorporating an additional AASHTOWare module in the production and advertisement of construction contract documents. During this transition to the new system, you will notice variations to the bid item list in the Notice to Bidders and Special Provisions, addendum letters, and the Electronic Bid Book (.ebsx file). See update 6/25/2021 in the Electronic Bidding Guide or click the link below to see updates:
Caltrans electronic bidding provides flexibility to you. In case of an emergency due to natural circumstances causing electrical shut off or if you are simply away from your machine for any reason and need to submit your bid, the Digital ID for Project Bids can be distributed across several machines. You will be able to submit your project bids from the location of your choosing. Additionally, all projects are advertised for three to seven weeks and bids can be submitted and resubmitted at anytime prior to bid opening.
To submit your bids from any of these machines at any time, the Digital ID for Project Bids would need be imported into the AASHTOWare Project Bids Bid software by following below steps:
- Open AASHTOWare Project Bids Bid
- Navigate to Tools > Manage Digital IDs
- Click the green + sign on the righthand side
- Find the digital ID.cer file on the machine
- Enter the Digital ID and password
- The Digital ID should now be successfully imported
- Check the Digital ID under Tools> Manage Digital IDs where it should be listed
Click Internet Bidding Set Up link for additional set up details.
For 2010 & 2015 Construction Contract Standards contact the Division of Design webmaster at the following email address: HQ.Design.Webmaster@dot.ca.gov
Click on the link below to order hardcopies of the 2018 Standard Specifications and Standard Plans.
NOTE: The last day to order the 2018 Standards in printed book form must be received by Caltrans Accounting Department no later than 5 p.m. on December 2, 2022. Future Standards' editions will only be available in electronic form on the internet. For further information https://dot.ca.gov/programs/design/ccs-standard-plans-and-standard-specifications.
Contract Awards will no longer post the Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise(DVBE) or Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) post bid submittals in their entirety. Instead, Contract Awards will only post the bidders DVBE Participation form or DBE Commitment forms/Written Confirmation. The Good Faith Effort submittal will be sent directly to the Office of Civil Rights for evaluation.
Under Govt Code 14835 et seq. and 2 CA Code of Regs 1896 et seq., the Department gives preference to certified small businesses and non-small businesses who commit to 25 percent certified small business participation.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Construction Contract Awards at 916-227-6299.
- Contact us
- Caltrans Contractor Interest Registry
- Construction Contract Standards
- Business Enterprise Programs (DBE, DVBE, SBE)
- Contracts Under $388,000 (Minor B)
- Architectural & Engineering Contract Information
- Caltrans Partnering Program
- Construction Payment Info
- Design-Build Program
- Contract Manager General Contractor (CMGC)
- Job Order Contracting
- Title VI Program Info
- Contractor's e-Sign Guide
- Contractor's e-Sign Info Flyer
- Frequently Asked Questions about Electronic Bidding